Quilted tunic to wear on the armour or as the only protective garment. Used in 13th and early 14th c.
- PMLS0322, PMLR0326 - tunic without sleeves,
- PMLS0323, PMLR0327 - tunic without sleeves, the border of the body part is decorated with a cut-out
- PMLS0324, PMLR0328 - tunic with sleeves,
- PMLS0325, PMLR0329 - tunic with sleeves, the border of the body part is decorated with a cut-out
Thin; 1 layer of wadding
Click here to check out available in stock Padded tunics type 1.
Gambesons were a cheap protection for the fighting men in the Middle Ages, but only the poorest ones used only them as their single armour. For others they were a part of a complete protective armament, providing amortization of the hit and the protection of attritions from the armour. Among padded protective elements we can find: gambesons protecting the trunk and hands, padded gloves, padded coifs and separate hoses. They were sewn from layers of a fabric. In the 13th century gambesons were long and rather badly-fitted to the figure. They were usually put over the head and buttoned only near the neck. Later, with the development of other elements of the armour, gambesons were shorter and better fitted to the body. In the 14th and the 15th centuries they were usually buttoned at the front or laced up.
Normally we use:
- linen first layer
- second strengthening layer (cotton)
- few layers of batting(for specific numbers, see description of the chosen quilted garment)
- linen lining
In all arming garments (quilted hood etc.), you can change the padding. Click on this picture to see different options of padding available in our shop:
• Gambesons and long quilted legs
• Small quilted arming garments
If you decide to change the padding, please write the code of chosen padding (Y1-Y13) in the "additional information" box in one of the next steps of ordering.
|PMLR0326||Linen||High||182 163.80 EUR|
|PMLR0327||Linen||High||192 172.80 EUR|
|PMLR0328||Linen||High||192 172.80 EUR|
|PMLR0329||Linen||High||203 182.70 EUR|
|PMLS0322||Linen||Average||99 89.10 EUR|
|PMLS0323||Linen||Average||109 98.10 EUR|
|PMLS0324||Linen||Average||109 98.10 EUR|
|PMLS0325||Linen||Average||120 108.00 EUR|